Contents 1. Overview 2. Subprojects 3. Reports 4. Articles
1. Overview [up]
WrmBot is a hardware robot manipulator.
The project is under development since 2018 year and hasn't been published yet.
The main goal is to create low-cost robots that work in cooperation with each other. Such 2-3 robots, computer-vision and control software will be combined into a robot-cell. And this robot-cell will be able to assemble composite devices, play musical instruments, and etc.
2. Subprojects [up]
WrmBot project consists of set of subprojects:
- SimpleGripper — simple and low-cost (5-10$) 2 fingers gripper. It allows to Pick And Place small objects.
- NeedleGripper — simple and low-cost (5-10$) needles gripper. It allows to Pick And Place small soft objects.
- SimpleGearbox — simple gearbox with involute gears for robot joints.
- PlanetaryGearbox — planetary gearbox for robot joints.
- WaveGearbox — gear box with wave transmission (harmonic drive), it can be used for robot joints.
- MotorBox — box to hold motor and encoder.
- SimpleArm — simple and low-cost (50-100$) robot manipulator. Main goal — prototype for next robot arms.
- SmallArm — simple and low-cost (100$) 6-DOF robot manipulator.
- StrongArm — 6-DOF robot manipulator with good payload (3kg), repeatability (1mm), accuracy (1mm).
- HumanArm — 5-fingers human-like robot manipulator. May be used in industrial operations or like prosthesis.
- ComputerVision — computer-vision subsystem, need to locate object position and orientation.
- ControlBox — software control subsystem, need to control robots and robot-cell.
3. Reports [up]
WrmBot: NeedleGripper.v01: Report #1 - It works!
Very simple and low-cost Needle Gripper (cost about 5-10 $). It allows to pick and place pieces of food. Spring allows to pick pieces without precise positioning of gripper.
WrmBot: NeedleGripper.v01: Report #2 - Pick with random pieces orientation.
Needle Gripper is able to pick pieces of food with random orientation. Not need to set precise gripper position.
WrmBot: NeedleGripper.v01: Report #3 - Gripper cluster - 1 pick, N places.
Cluster of needle grippers allows to do one pick action for N (number of grippers) place actions. It makes possible to save time for replacing several objects from one place to other places.
WrmBot: SimpleGripper.v01: Report #1 - It works!
Very simple and low-cost 2 fingers Gripper (cost about 5-10 $). It allows to pick and place small objects. Grasp force can be tuned for each object. You can see how the gripper picks cucumbers very gently.
WrmBot: SimpleGripper.v01: Report #2 - 1 active and 1 static fingers.
SimpleGripper allows to setup 1 static finger and 1 active finger. You can see how static finger-spatula picks object and active finger holds object on it.
4. Articles [up]